By Jonathan Stark
You’ll how you can create an Android-friendly internet app at the platform of your selection, after which use Adobe’s unfastened PhoneGap framework to transform it to a local Android app. notice why device-agnostic cellular apps are the wave of the longer term, and begin development apps that supply better flexibility and a much wider reach.
- Convert an internet site right into a internet program, whole with development signs and different features
- Add animation with JQTouch to make your net app feel and appear like a local Android app
- Make use of client-side information garage with apps that run whilst the Android machine is offline
- Use PhoneGap to hook into complicated Android beneficial properties, together with the accelerometer, geolocation, and alerts
- Test and debug your app on the internet with actual clients, and put up the completed product to the Android Market
Learn to exploit Express.js pragmatically through developing 5 enjoyable and powerful real-world APIs, with an advantage bankruptcy on Koa.js
About This Book
- Develop scalable APIs utilizing the Express.js framework for Node.js
- Be extra effective by way of studying approximately Express.js intricacies and its aiding libraries
- Get to grips with coding top practices and Test-Driven improvement to create real-world purposes utilizing Express.js
Who This publication Is For
This booklet is for newcomers to Node.js and in addition in the event you are technically complex. via the top of this ebook, each useful developer could have accomplished services in development internet functions with Express.js.
What you are going to Learn
- Set up the Express.js framework with a uncomplicated scaffold
- Model information utilizing Mongoose and construct a CRUD API to shop the information in a database
- Use grants to prevent callback hell in Node.js
- Address scalability matters and care for race conditions
- Apply test-driven improvement (TDD) by utilizing Mocha to put in writing assessments in your apps
- Get acquainted with service-oriented structure (SOA)
- Integrate Socket.IO and dynamically push updates to the client
- Write Node.js APIs by way of leveraging generator features utilizing Koa.js
The booklet covers quite a few varieties of functions, each one with a various set of demanding situations. you are going to begin with the fundamentals similar to internet hosting static content material and person authentication and paintings your approach as much as growing real-time, multiplayer on-line video games utilizing a mix of HTTP and Socket.IO. subsequent, you are going to examine the rules of SOA in Node.js and spot them used to construct a pairing as a carrier. If that is not sufficient, we will construct a CRUD backend to submit hyperlinks and upvote with Koa.js!
By David Sawyer McFarland
The vital things you have to know:
- Use animations and effects. construct drop-down navigation menus, pop-ups, computerized slideshows, and more.
- Collect information with internet forms. Create easy-to-use kinds that make certain extra exact customer responses.
- Practice with residing examples. Get step by step tutorials for net tasks you could construct yourself.
What will I learn?
In this functional and fun-to-read booklet, you will examine the basics of AngularJS, equivalent to scopes, modules and controllers. you are going to then stream directly to extra subtle strategies, together with utilizing directives, filters and expressions to construct a whole unmarried web page net application.
- Discover the facility of AngularJS's two-way info binding
- Using AngularJS and TDD
- Get to grips with modules, scopes, and controllers
- Enhance your HTML with directives
- Build an entire operating unmarried web page weblog program as you learn
- and lots more and plenty more
By Tom Hughes-Croucher, Mike Wilson
- Understand Node's event-loop structure, non-blocking I/O, and event-driven programming
- Discover how Node helps a number of database and information garage tools
- Learn most sensible practices for writing easy-to-maintain code for Node
- Get concrete examples of ways to exploit some of the Node APIs in practice
- Take benefit of the book’s whole API reference
By Jonathan Chaffer, Karl Swedberg
* geared up menu to each procedure, functionality, and selector within the jQuery library
* speedy lookup good points of the jQuery library
* comprehend the anatomy of a jQuery script
* expand jQuery's integrated features with plug-ins, or even write your own
jQuery Reference Guide digs deeper into the library, taking you thru the syntax necessities and following up with an in depth dialogue. You'll notice the untapped probabilities that jQuery makes to be had, and hone your abilities as you come back to this consultant time and again.
What you'll examine from this book?
* Get a wide evaluate of the jQuery library's functions with a real-world example
* study any jQuery approach, functionality, and selector intimately, at any place and each time it truly is needed
* examine jQuery's plug-in structure, utilizing quite a few methods to increase the library's capabilities
* discover the scale plug-in for buying the scale and place of any aspect at the page--even the rfile and browser window
* notice the shape plug-in for combining AJAX options with HTML forms
This e-book is an in depth reference advisor, and a useful source for solutions to your entire jQuery questions. It starts with a real-world jQuery instance, which illustrates the constitution of a jQuery script. an in depth reference bankruptcy is then provided for every of the most parts of jQuery. The ebook concludes with 3 reference chapters on jQuery plug-ins: the API for plug-in construction, the size plug-in, and the shape plug-in.
Who this booklet is written for?
This publication is for internet builders who desire a large, equipped view of the entire jQuery library has to provide or a brief reference on their desks to consult for specific details.
By Elijah Meeks
D3.js in Action is a realistic instructional for growing interactive pictures and data-driven functions utilizing D3.js. you are going to commence with in-depth motives of D3's out-of-the-box layouts, in addition to dozens of useful use circumstances that align with varieties of visualizations. Then, you will discover functional concepts for content material production, animation, and representing dynamic data—including interactive pictures and information streamed dwell over the internet. the ultimate chapters allow you to use D3's wealthy interplay version because the origin for a whole net software. after all, you may be able to combine D3.js into your net improvement approach and rework any web site right into a extra attractive and complex consumer experience.
Purchase of the print e-book features a loose publication in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
About the Book
D3.js in Action introduces you to the main robust internet facts visualization library on hand and exhibits you the way to exploit it to construct interactive images and data-driven functions. you will begin with dozens of useful use situations that align with types of charts, networks, and maps utilizing D3's out-of-the-box layouts. Then, you will discover sensible ideas for content material layout, animation, and illustration of dynamic data—including interactive pix and dwell streaming data.
- Interacting with vector graphics
- Expressive info visualization
- Creating wealthy mapping applications
- Prepping your data
- Complete data-driven internet apps in D3
About the Author
Elijah Meeks is a senior facts visualization engineer at Netflix. His D3.js portfolio contains paintings at Stanford collage and with recognized businesses worldwide.
Table of Contents
- An advent to D3.js
- Information visualization facts flow
- Data-driven layout and interaction
- Chart components
- Network visualization
- Geospatial info visualization
- Traditional DOM manipulation with D3
- Composing interactive applications
- Writing layouts and components
- Big info visualization
- D3.js on cellular (available on-line only)
PART 1 D3.JS FUNDAMENTALS
PART 2 THE PILLARS of data VISUALIZATION
PART three complicated TECHNIQUES
By Angus Croll
Featuring unique art through Miran Lipovaca.
By Mark Pilgrim
If you do not know in regards to the new positive factors to be had in HTML5, now is the time to determine. the most recent model of this markup language goes to noticeably swap how you strengthen net purposes, and this e-book offers your first genuine examine HTML5's new components and attributes.
- Display video at once within the browser, with no need to depend on plugins
- Work even if a person is offline, via benefiting from HTML5's chronic garage
- Offer a drawing canvas for dynamically generated 2-D pix
This concise advisor is the main whole and authoritative e-book you can find at the topic. writer Mark Pilgrim writes the weekly digest for the HTML5 operating workforce, and represents Google at meetings on HTML5's services. remain sooner than the curve. Order a replica of this e-book today.
Five stuff you may still learn about HTML5
by means of Mark Pilgrim
1. It’s no longer one giant thing. you could good ask: “How am i able to begin utilizing HTML5 if older browsers don’t aid it?” however the query itself is deceptive. HTML5 isn't one titanic factor; it's a number of person gains. so that you can’t observe “HTML5 support,” simply because that doesn’t make any feel. yet you can notice aid for person positive factors, like canvas, video, or geolocation.
bankruptcy 2 and Appendix A will educate you ways to correctly notice aid for every new HTML5 function.
2. You don’t have to throw something away. like it or hate it, you can’t deny that HTML four is the main profitable markup structure ever. HTML5 builds on that luck. You don’t have to throw away your current markup. You don’t have to relearn stuff you already recognize. in case your net software labored the day past in HTML four, it's going to nonetheless paintings this day in HTML5. interval.
Now, with a purpose to enhance your net functions, you’ve come to the fitting position. Here’s a concrete instance: HTML5 helps all of the shape controls from HTML four, however it additionally contains new enter controls. a few of these are long-overdue additions like sliders and date pickers; others are extra sophisticated. for instance, the e-mail enter style appears to be like similar to a textual content field, yet cellular browsers will customise their onscreen keyboard to assist you to variety e-mail addresses. Older browsers that don’t aid the e-mail enter style will deal with it as a customary textual content box, and the shape nonetheless works with out markup adjustments or scripting hacks. this suggests you can begin bettering your internet types this day, whether a few of your viewers are caught on IE 6.
learn the entire gory information about HTML5 varieties in bankruptcy nine.
three. It’s effortless to get started. “Upgrading” to HTML5 might be so simple as altering your doctype. The doctype should still already be at the first line of each HTML web page. prior types of HTML outlined loads of doctypes, and selecting the fitting you'll be tough. In HTML5, there's just one doctype: !DOCTYPE html
Upgrading to the HTML5 doctype won’t holiday your current markup, simply because all of the tags outlined in HTML four are nonetheless supported in HTML5. however it will let you use -- and validate -- new semantic parts like article, part, header, and footer. You’ll research all approximately those new components in bankruptcy three.
four. It already works no matter if you need to draw on a canvas, play video, layout larger varieties, or construct net purposes that paintings offline, you’ll locate that HTML5 is already well-supported. Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, and cellular browsers already help canvas (Chapter 4), video (Chapter 5), geolocation (Chapter 6), neighborhood garage (Chapter 7), and extra. Google already helps microdata annotations (Chapter 10). Even Microsoft -- hardly identified for blazing the path of criteria help -- could be helping so much HTML5 beneficial properties within the upcoming web Explorer nine.
five. It’s right here to stick. Tim Berners-Lee invented the realm large net within the early Nineties. He later based the W3C to behave as a steward of net criteria, which the association has performed for greater than 15 years. here's what the W3C needed to say concerning the way forward for net criteria, in July 2009:
- Today the Director pronounces that once the XHTML 2 operating crew constitution expires as scheduled on the finish of 2009, the constitution are usually not renewed. through doing so, and via expanding assets within the HTML operating crew, W3C hopes to speed up the development of HTML5 and make clear W3C’s place concerning the way forward for HTML.
HTML5 is right here to stick. Let’s dive in.